Monday, June 16, 2008

black & purple sharpie series and children's book

lately i have been trying to figure out exactly what kind of projects i can come up with to:

a. make money
b. keep myself busy
c. develop my portfolio and expand my work

while working part time at a children's furniture store in dumbo (which is an awesome job and i love all the people i work with even though it eats up my weekends) haha thats life!

so two projects aside from my digital work that i last posted which i am still working on at the moment are filling a moleskine book of ephemeral drawings in only black and purple sharpie markers and a children's book. hopefully i can scan and resell these items on lulu.com when they are finished. i want to create work that is easy to sell like little books, stationary, maybe t-shirts and flash. hopefully i can try and get some kind of small business off the ground until i find a stable 9-5 crappy job in a design firm or somehow dive into the realm of tattoo artistry which will take probably another 2 years of apprenticing in a very male dominated industry.

just gotta keep on with keeping on. it is still only the summer and once the fall and my toy is released i can get myself off the ground after september rolls around.

by the way, amy winehouse has been my new guilty pleasure/music obsession as of lately even though she is a totally the worst role model on the face of the earth.

No comments: