Saturday, January 12, 2008

Celebrity Series

I have a new personal series comming up soon called *The Hollywood Effect* which will be a series of posters featuring my "favorite" celebrity train-wrecks/anti-role models/trashy a**holes. Here is the first blossomings of a statement:

"Hollywood is a definition for dissillusion. In the past hollywood starlettes used to be considered glamorous role models and heros for a depressed society. Now, celebrities represent our current accepence of ignorance and tastelessnes. We worship these women, we love their social lives, we want to be rich like them, we are obsessed with them. However, these stars are a reflection of the decline in moral and social values in society today. We let our children consume their perfumes and products, we allow our children to aspire to them, we allow ourselves to treat them like talented rock stars. The truth is that our society is so numb to the media that we have no idea how absolutely revolting these people really are. Because they are celebrities we allow them to influence us. Should we let them get away with it?"

Does this make sense?

I need to refine it but my idea is to create a series of rock style posters to show them glorified but really go all out on the disgusting traits of these celebrities I chose. I want these posters to be an anthem to the death of moral values in celebrity/media culture/role models. Maybe even these stars to take notice of them because I am going to try and make them as viral as possible. I really want these to be a message to people.

My vision for this is huge. I just hope I don't get distracted.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

No comments: