Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Want to Paint....Again

After a whole entire year of staring at my small a** computer screen, I believe I am completely ready to paint again.

After class tomorrow I am going to Dick Blick and getting Lascaux pigments and some birchwood so I am inspired to paint. I am just going to crack out 10 paintings these next couple weeks of whatever strikes my fancy. After I am finished I am going to try and submit the series to Giant Robot or any other indie galleries around town and see what happens. It would be great to have a real gallery opening of only my stuff.

I am thinking vaudeville girls with tattoos from the twenties, random animals, taxidermy and other curiosities.

I also have my celebrity posters to work on which are only going to be 4 pantone colors each so they can be cheaper to reproduced than my 20 pantone color thesis ones.

I just want to completely dive into my own little world and forget about eveything else for a while and just ride out whats going on. I am hoping that this storm will come to an end with a lot of inspiration and success. I will absolutely have more time to myself to just completely be submerged into my art which I really believe is what I need right now in order to launch my career as an artist and illustrator.

No comments: